Chihuahuas de Mayo
May 3, 2014
CHIHUAHUAS de MAYO
Multi-Rescue Adoption Event &
Saturday, May 3rd 2014
Noon – 5 p.m.
A mega adoption event with dogs from 6 rescue groups, including Woods and SLO County Animal Services.
- Discounted Adoption Fees
- Chihuahua Races
- K9 Costume Contests
- Micro Chipping, Rabies Vaccines
- Food and Entertainment
Join us as we come together to raise awareness and find homes for the two breeds that are most commonly found in shelters - Chihuahuas and Pit Bulls. (Other breeds of dogs will be looking for homes, too.)
Chihuahuas de Mayo is proudly presented by the ASPCA in association with our good friends at Charter Media, the NewTimes, and El Dorado Broadcasters.
12:00 Chihuahuas de Mayo begins and kicks off with music by Calo'
1:00 Chihuahua Races
2:15 K9 Costume Contests
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm music by Sweetwater Trio
5:00 pm Adoption Event Concludes
- Registration opens at Noon. Races will start around 1:00 p.m.
- All Racers Must check in at the Registration Booth(Coast 101.3FM).
- All dogs must have current vaccinations and be on a leash (except while racing).
- Owners must be responsible for their pets while at the race site and come prepared to pick up after their dogs. Trash cans and Mutt Mitts will be available.
- Dogs will run in heats of 4 dogs each until all registered competitors have raced.
- The winners of the fastest heats will race in a final heat, and prizes will be awarded to the racers of the final heat.
- During the heat, all dogs must have a Pit Crew at the starting gate and one at the finish line.
- Judges' decisions are final.
- SLO County’s Fastest Chihuahua - $40 Gift Card to Farm Supply and a professional mini K9 photo session provided by Sandprints Photo of Morro Bay.
- Second Place -- $30 Gift Card to Farm Supply
- Third Place -- $20 Gift Card to Farm Supply
- Fourth Place -- $10 Gift Card to Farm Supply